A more comprehensive list of Conferences in General Algebra is maintained by Keith Kearnes.
As of January 2014, I have decided that keeping a conference list in a Git repository is easier to maintain, so I will no longer maintain the list on this page. If anyone would like to take over the responsibility of maintaining this page, please post a comment below. Otherwise, please see Keith’s list or my new list.
- 88. Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra (88th Workshop on General Algebra)
Warsaw, Poland, June 19-22, 2014.
- Horn formulas, directed hypergraphs, lattices and closure systems
Dagstuhl, Germany, May 11–16, 2014.
- 87. Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra (87th Workshop on General Algebra)
Linz, Austria, February 7-9, 2014.
- 2013 Fall Southeastern Sectional Meeting of the AMS
Special Session: Finite Universal Algebra (slides and photos coming soon)
University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, October 5-6, 2013.
- Workshop on Computational Universal Algebra (slides posted)
University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, October 4, 2013.
- BLAST 2013 (Boolean Algebra, Lattice Theory, Universal Algebra, Set Theory, Set-theoretic Topology),
Chapman University, Orange, California, USA, August 5-9, 2013.
- LMS/EPSRC Short Course in Computational Group Theory
School of Mathematics, St Andrews, Scotland, July 29–August 2, 2013
- Topology, algebra and categories in logic (TACL 2013)
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA, July 28-Aug 1, 2013.
- General Algebra and Its Application (The Davey conference),
La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia, July 15-19, 2013.
- 10th International Summer School, Problems Allied to Universal Algebra and Model Theory, Erlagol-2013
Novosibirsk, Russia, June 24-30, 2013.
- 4th Novi Sad Algebraic Conference
University of Novi Sad, Serbia, June 5-9, 2013.
- 86. Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra (86th Workshop on General Algebra)
Olomouc, Czech Republic, May 31-June 2, 2013.
- 2013 Spring Western Sectional Meeting of the AMS
Special Session: Algebras, Lattices and Varieties
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, April 13-14, 2013.
Updated program with slides for some talks (photos).
Alexandr Kazda writes:
We would like to invite you to the Open Problems in Universal Algebra
workshop which will happen at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA from 28th
May to 1st June 2015. You can find the webpage of the workshop at
There will be invited talks by L. Barto, M. Kozik, M. Valeriote, R. Willard,
and D. Zhuk, and a limited number of contributed talks, but this meeting is
mainly focused on stating and solving open problems, so you can expect to
spend most of your time in formal and informal problem solving sessions.
There is no conference fee, but we would like to ask you to register for the
conference by April 1st, so that we know how many people are coming and can
prepare accordingly. For registration, contact Matt Moore at
We have a limited amount of money available to partially support graduate
students. In order to be considered for this support, please register and
indicate that you would like to take advantage of the funds before April 1st
Alex, Matt and Ralph